Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Been All the Way Around the Sun Since You Left


I miss you terribly, old friend. I can't believe that it has already been a year since Kristin and I were down in Riverside for our Spring Break to visit you.
You are (I still don't like to use the past tense with you) one of the most genuine, upfront, and honest people I have ever known.
Did you know I spread some of your ashes in the Hooter's lot? hahaha. I figure you might appreciate that! You're everywhere--Kerry Park, Gasworks Park, the Sleepless in Seattle house, our old college house, and an accidental spill in my car (that just means you go everywhere I go... and I kinda like that).
there are days when I get home, sit down on my couch, and just lose it because I miss you... and wish that I could have just one more Seattle trip with you. There was no such thing as an average day with you. Everything was big, exciting, and full of life. I miss that.
Thanks for the sweet memories. I laugh more than cry when I think about you--and I think that says so much about the way you lived! I'd like to be a little more like you, friend.
Love you.

No comments: